Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
GPS Audio Output To Headsets or Speakers Aspy/SEI
what i want to do is use the audio output from my GPS and connect it to the speakers

easy enough to go directly to the speaker wires but doubt if it will drive the stock speakers sufficiently,i have figured out where to tap into the power amp input but i think i would need an "isolator" or something,anyone have a correct way to do this w/o torching my GPS

i realize that i could do this using where i now connect my itouch for mp3's etc but do not want to give up my reg radio or cb use,would even think of connecting to the headsets since i seldom use them anymore

also is the power amp still working when the radio is switched to headsets?

anyone?
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#1 01-23-2011, 05:46 AM,
I use my GPS for my mp3's which does solve that problem.

SInce hooking it up this way I now have an Itouch with 50 odd hours worth of music.

Since I cant hear the GPS sound unless it is hooked into the radio, I have a similar problem as you.

When I finally get around to attempting to get them both online what I plan to do is to hook up the Itouch where the GPS is now connected.

Then possibly using a telephone mike and attaching it to the speaker out on the GPS and hooking this up to the intercom, I am thinking this would just act as if having a third passenger.

This was discussed on the Steve Saunders web site one time but I never followed up on it at the time.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 01-23-2011, 06:19 PM,
thanks rick,
after talking with lane i think i am gonna try to hook the output into the headset terminals(output) radio,that way it will work by itself and hopefully together with the radio when in headset mode

have a spare radio that is badly in need of repair/alignment to experiment with,so if it hurts one or the other it wont be such a catastrophe

really hope that u aren't roughing it too much in the winter florida sun,u did tow "old blue" down with you didn't you?
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#3 01-23-2011, 06:53 PM,
Yes I did, we were at the Blackwater Inn at Astor today, do you believe we set off in 3C temps.... here in FL this morning.

Must be Nuts....

#4 01-23-2011, 08:03 PM,
i hope you took your heated clothing with you,you should have left the weather at home

let me know when u head north,i'll meet up with you when you pass by for a coffee,sorry no Horton's here yet
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#5 01-23-2011, 08:11 PM,
Yes did use our heated jackets yesterday.

#6 01-24-2011, 07:14 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review of Polk Audio db401 replacement speakers. 8 3,237 12-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Guest