Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memphis shades windscreens
Gidday folks,

I'm slowly working my way through things on my 86 Aspencade, I'm looking to purchase a memphis shade windscreen, would anyone be using one? I would appreciate any comments.

thank you once again, for your wonderful generosity, in helping.

cheers.
Robbie
1986 GL1200 Aspencade (mariah)
#1 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM,
I have the tall MS shield, I love it. It is thicker than the slipstreamer I had before, so it doesn't wobble at high speeds.
bamf_shadow
1984 GL1200I
#2 06-27-2007, 07:59 PM,
thank you very much shadow, thats what I needed to know, I will definitly be looking at one,

ride carefully, have a nice day.

cheers.
Robbie
#3 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM,
bamf_shadow Wrote:I have the tall MS shield, I love it. It is thicker than the slipstreamer I had before, so it doesn't wobble at high speeds.
How well has it held up to scratches and delamination?????
IM looking into one for myself...........
Harry Waggoner
GL1200A "Animal"

GWRRA VA-B
More ROCKIN and less Talkin!
#4 08-24-2007, 06:09 PM,
hello,

I put it on my wing probably about 3 weeks ago....I got the teal, standard with vent and it goes well with the silver colour, I'm really impressed with it so far, clarity is excellent, no scratches yet, and I cover my bike every night.

I think its slightly more swept back than the OEM one, but its an advantage because I can see over it better.

vent has made a big difference to cooling the cockpit, but its only held on with two screws, and tends to rattle a wee bit, in a side wind.

I just completed a 500km day trip bugs all over it, cleaned it with soft cloth, and warm water, then rubbed it over with a chamios. came clean no problems.

To help with scratching, I'm looking at purchasing a windscreen cover.

hope that helps,

cheers.
Robbie
#5 08-24-2007, 10:25 PM,