Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A possible safety issue
I found this on a recent bike I worked on.

Could have been a dangerous situation at one time.

The picture is a hose, one of several on the 1200 and Honda in their infinite wisdom included a small clip that is visible on the left side of the bike down by the center stand. This clip is where most of the hoses are located when they drain their contents.

This hose was found not residing in that clip but actually resting on the exhaust system as you can see by the damage to the hose.

In itself probably not going to do much damage except that this hose is the fuel overflow hose, not a nice thing to be sitting on a hot exhaust at the best of times.

When your down on the floor in that area just make sure the hoses are in that clip, if they are too short, new plastic tubing isnt going to break the bank.

Just a heads up safety issue

Attached Files
.jpg   hose.jpg (Size: 75.91 KB / Downloads: 303)
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#1 07-12-2011, 04:01 PM,
Yikes!!! Thanks for the heads up.
Now I have a date with the garage floor.
#2 07-12-2011, 04:14 PM,
Thanks Tricky, that's good info.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#3 07-12-2011, 04:19 PM,
And another Thank you, tricky. We're planning on our first day trip to Kananaskis Country on Friday so I'll make sure I check the hoses and the clip before we go.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#4 07-12-2011, 06:28 PM,
Great post. Another good reason why we all do this together.
#5 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM,
Thanks for the heads up!
[Image: th_GoldWing.jpg]
#6 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM,
In fact I just found that very issue on a new to me 1500, the clip was deformed somehow,of the three lines that are supposed to be in there..only one was..the other two were burned & melted. I guess they had been like that for a while, because the crankcase drain line was melted shut & the line was 3/4 full!..great post! :mrgreen:
#7 07-16-2011, 04:24 PM,