Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Routing is everything
I recently spent a very informative evening with wgj46 and tricky.

I was primarily there (wgj46's garage) to get my carbs synced.

After getting a perfect balance (thanks guys) tricky noticed that my left side carbs cables were not run correctly. They were exposed and actually being compressed between the frame and the fake gas tank. A bit of bolt loosening and re-routing of the cables solved a response problem I have been having since the beginning of this year.

The back story...

Over the winter a family of mice decided to convert my faring into a condo. I disassembled the side pockets and removed and cleaned the air filter system to make sure I was getting any "crap" into the intake. When I reassembled everything I routed the cables incorrectly, pinching them and causing my problem.

Sometimes it helps to have a different set of eyes looking at a problem.

Thanks to wgj46 and tricky for all you assistance and sage advice.
1986 GL1200 Interstate
New stator (connector removed)
Analog Volt Meter
Rear reflector - turn/brake mod.
LED lights, 95% complete.
HID headlight upgrade.
TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system)
Pyle PLMR86B mechless Marine radio.
Awesome Marvin the Martian mudflap.
#1 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM,
This winter you can place some fabric softener drier sheets in the area, then you can tell us next spring if they worked or not Smile
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 09-02-2011, 12:29 AM,
Whenever I move the throttle or enriching cables, I always test for smooth operation before I consider the job completed.
Testing involves twisting the throttle or activating the enriching circuit while the handlebars are straight, turned to the left stop or turned to the right stop.
Really don’t want to find out the cables bind while leaning over in the middle of a freeway interchange or in a ‘gotta get out of the way’ situation.

Just my .02
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#3 09-09-2011, 08:47 AM,