Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIndshiled question
are the windshields adjustable on the 85 aspy and if so how. I dont have a manual so i dont know how and would like to raise or lower mine about a half inch. It hits right in the center of my eyes which is annoying to say the least. Thanks
Honda 55
Honda Super 90
Honda 160
Honda 305
Bultaco 250
Triumph T120R Bonneville
Honda 85 gl1200 aspy (present ride)
#1 08-19-2008, 06:07 PM,
There is a small amount of adjustment.
Pull the rubber sleeves back on the mirrors, remove the top bolt on each and loosen the lower bolt
With a cloth to prevent damage, place a screwdriver under the windshield garnish and pry up, this will all the garnish to be removed.
This will give you access to the 4 bolts whereby you may adjust either up or down.

Attached Files
.jpg   wind.jpg (Size: 93.02 KB / Downloads: 48)
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 08-19-2008, 07:13 PM,
I haven't needed a screwdriver to get the trim off. I just pushed up with my fingers and it moved right up out of the holder. Just don't push below or on the Honda emblem as it's pretty fragile. Also. after adjusting the windshield take it for a spin with the trim off and make sure you have it where you want it before putting it all back together. :wink:
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#3 08-20-2008, 04:29 PM,
Awesome info, took me awhile to find this post about how to remove a windshield. I just can't figure the search engine out? I typed replaceing winshield and got nothing.
#4 01-21-2012, 04:36 PM,
Excellent, thanks for highlighting this I hadn't even looked for it as I'm only testing with short rides so far ,its right in my eyeline too so with that adjusted and the bars bent wider to suit me it should feel comfy ,and no money spent...even better :d
PS just noticed there are some spelling issues with the thread title and your search words which would throw the search engine lol.
Cheers...Charlie
The lady walking ahead of me sped up so I did too, she began running so I ran too, she screamed so I screamed as well. I never even saw what we were running from.
#5 01-22-2012, 02:02 AM,