Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
windshield and rain question
When I ride in the rain it seems that not only do i have to deal with the rain on the windshield and visor but it seems that the moisture from the air also collects on the inside of the windshield. Anyone else have to deal with this? Any ideas?
Honda 55
Honda Super 90
Honda 160
Honda 305
Bultaco 250
Triumph T120R Bonneville
Honda 85 gl1200 aspy (present ride)
#1 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM,
I polish my windshield with pledge, inside and out, it makes the water bead and roll off.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#2 07-21-2012, 06:53 PM,
I do the same thing but use Plexus on both sides of the windshield.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#3 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM,
Pledge, Plexus, Rain-X, car wax all work well. Personally I use Plexus. I also put edging around the windshield so water doesn't pool up towards the top and end up all over my lap. If your windshield has a manually adjustable vent, only open it one notch. It directs the air flow back up the windshield and helps clear the inside of the windshield.
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#4 07-22-2012, 03:09 AM,
Keener Wrote:I do the same thing but use Plexus on both sides of the windshield.

Keener where do we buy Plexus here in the Canadian Outback?

#5 07-23-2012, 06:13 AM,
I hate to say it, but I get it at the local Honda shop, Laurie. I think most motorcyle shops carry it.
Ian
#6 07-23-2012, 07:03 AM,
Keener Wrote:I hate to say it, but I get it at the local Honda shop, Laurie. I think most motorcyle shops carry it.

Thanks Ian - When you said Plexus that reminded me I have used it, on loan, on a ride one time. I will stop in and see if one of the two local shops I like to support (one independent and our Honda shop) have it.

I know the bottle of Rain-X I have on the shelf has a "Do Not Use on Plastic" warning on the label. So I don't. I know, sounds silly...

#7 07-24-2012, 05:08 AM,
I have the taller, wider, wrap around windshield and when first riding with it I noticed negative air pressure between me and the windshield. So much that my long bushy mustache would flow forward. So I installed an aftermarket windshield vent for the GL1500. Even just a wee bit of air venting from the front prevents the air being sucked to the inside of the windshield. That low air pressure could be the culprit of moisture on the inside of your windshield and maybe a vent would help. Here's the one I installed from Saber Cycle (ya ya I know some of your feelings about Saber).
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#8 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM,
Keener Wrote:I hate to say it, but I get it at the local Honda shop, Laurie. I think most motorcyle shops carry it.

Plexus located and a supply procured Mr. keener!

#9 07-26-2012, 03:53 AM,
I still walk by my bike with it's Madstad windshield system that is almost perfect (I need to mod for another 1in. of height) and imagine it having electric adjustment - down out of the way on twisty roads, just right so you can see over it in the rain, high for bugs & cold, tilted farther out for cross wind, back for illegal high speed runs :d

But hey, I test rode a 2012 GL1800 with it's helmet buffeting screen that is still manual clunky not enough adjustment ($27,000 - but comes with an awesome touring motorcycle attached) and said a smile when I was cruising home in peace and quiet behind my windshield on my trusty 1200

#10 07-26-2012, 04:02 AM,
I've used Plexus for quite a few years now and really like it. Glad to found some, Laurie. I keep the small can in the tour trunk with a microfibre towel.
Ian
#11 07-26-2012, 07:46 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rain on the inside of my windshield 7 3,328 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ac7kh